Friday, November 03, 2006

Coffee Package :)

As stated in my last post, I have THE BEST sp9 spoiler. This is the contents of the package I found on the doorstep Tuesday:


This package is the the most thoughtful gift I have received in a very long time. It's clear my secret pal took a lot of time and caring putting this together and I'm thrilled. The yarn is on-line Goby and is a cotton/rayon blend. The bar chocolate is dark chocolate with espresso beans and lemon essence. The coffee is from a local coffee roaster in her area, and she said she's a tea drinker, so I even more appreciate the effort she put into it and finding a local coffee. (I'm assuming my secret pal is a she!) There's dark chocolate covered espresso beans, double espresso soap and a beaded keychain that looks like coffee beans. I wanted to rip into many parts of this package, but I also wanted to get a good picture of everything first, it did take quite a lot of self control though! The package is just so very cool and the theme is so perfect with my renewed coffee obsession. So if I haven't gushed enough already, thank you secret pal!

On the coffee side of things, as Madge put it, I MacGyver'd my larger roaster together. Last Friday it had it's first roast, and I was fairly pleased with how things turned out. I had to tweak the order of nuts and bolt around so it would fit nicely. This is what it looked like before the final tweaks:


The only things my husband did was enlarge some washer holes for me and I had trouble disconnecting some wires that he did for me. This part of the center shaft fits into a metric socket that sits on top of the motor. The original piece is all plastic, and I didn't want to risk it melting. It seems a lot of people just cover the top of the plastic piece with a metal cap, but I just wanted to be safe. Plus it was kind of cool to do it myself.

I was a little too excited when I did the first roast and kept on lifting the lid to look, which resulted in a slowed roast, but the coffee doesn't taste baked. The oven top slid around on top of the spring form pan and wouldn't stay put, so my next purchase will be some high temperature gasket goo to prevent it from slipping so much. I also need to find a way to get rid of all the chaff. On the whole though, for a first run I was pleased.

6 comments:

Kerry said...

What a wonderfully thoughtful package! You're one lucky gal!

Madge said...

Your SP9 secret pal has sent you such an awesome care package. Really thoughtful and *so* you! Yarn, coffee and chocolate...mmm...

Congrats on your first roast with your new larger roaster!

mary said...

Your SP knows you very well already. Will she send you high temperature gasket goo and some nuts and bolts for your next month's gift?

Anonymous said...

you never know.....

I'm glad you liked your surprise.

mehitabel said...

Great surprise package! And it sounds as if the new roaster is working fine. Who knew coffee could taste "baked" instead of "roasted?" I learn something new from you all the time!

Anonymous said...

Patty, your package is wonderful. Your pal does know you well.

Slow down, I know you are going a million miles an hour trying to do everything.
Big Hug!!!