Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Siblings

I think there is a slippery slope with siblings, at least in my family. We are a very close family and I'm so thankful to be so close with my sisters and brother. However, learning they will all visit for Thanksgiving with about 2 weeks notice is a little bit of a shock (a welcome one though!). First my older sister bought a ticket, then my brother decided to drive down from the Bay area and then my twin sister who didn't want to be left out, buys a last minute ticket. With all the scheduling and last minute tickets the only day all 4 siblings will be together is Saturday so that's when we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving.

As stated in my secret pal questionnaire, it is my favorite holiday, and I get to do a lot of the cooking, which I actually enjoy. My older sister will also help out a lot. It'll be really nice, although fitting 6 adults, a small boy and a furry orange cat into a little over 1200 sq ft, should be interesting.

We're lucky we're close :) I'm looking forward to it!

4 comments:

mary said...

It's great that you are all so close and enjoy being with each other. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Madge said...

Have fun with the sibs! Happy Thanksgiving!

mehitabel said...

Close is good--hopefully the ones who weren't born into the family will be as flexible as the ones who were! My youngest daughter has 4 houseguests (her sis from Colo. and her family) plus she's hosting dinner tomorrow for 17 or so of us. Yeah, close families are good! Hope you have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Hi There! Hope all is well with you. Company gone? You must be suffering from empty house syndrome LOL.
Hugs