Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Fresh Roast try #2

So I tried the Fresh Roast again with only 45gms of coffee, with the premise that a smaller batch size will mean a longer roast time. The fan still felt a little anemic to me, but at least moved the beans a little better. My standard resting rate did not prolong the roast time to what I could do before on the old roaster, so I will definitely notify Fresh Roast.

I wish it wasn't so hot out here so I could use the poppery II. Lately, when the sun sets it's still around 80 degrees out. Waking up early is out of the question since I'm so used to staying up to at least 1am, usually 2am.

On a happier note, my 10lbs of Ethiopian coffee came in the other day, and my 45gm roast was the Sidamo. I'm already looking forward to it and its starting to smell great already. I need to stop opening up the containers to smell them, but I just can't help myself.

My knitting is at a stand still too. I'm supposed to finish this sweater from hell and I feel guilty if I work on anything else. However, the yarn is very old and squeaks, so I really hate working on it. I only have a little sewing and two bands to do, so I should just suck it up. I'm never, ever, taking in a repair again. I really would like to work on the Flower Basket Shawl.

Hubby is in Japan right now on business and he's picking up beading books and a knitting book for me. I'm really excited. The Japanese patterns are so great and the charts makes things so easy. The materials are a little harder to interpret but using a little common sense and educational guesses I've been ok so far. If all else fails though, my brother is dating this great Japanese woman that can translate. My brother is awesome, he is reliable and is always there to help when needed.

My little 3-d chihuahua is done except for some ends to weave in. I won't be able to take a picture since the camera is with my husband.
Cover of Japanese dog book
The chihuahua is on the cover. I made mine with light colorado topaz. I'm hoping that is the right color for her dog.

No comments: