Sunday, June 11, 2006

Obsessing over coffee

Posting has slowed down, I think I'm obsessing over coffee lately and the blog is getting a little skewed, I had hoped to balance things out, but the coffee has become really important. I'm up to 15 batches in my Fresh Roast, and I'm pondering what will go in today. I'm a little bummed that I didn't jump fast enough on some Harrar on one of the coops, but at the rate of my consumption, it's probably a good thing. I guess these things will come up from time to time. I'm surprised though at how fast Sweet Maria's sells out of beans, and my hoarding tendencies are getting a little nervous.

I've not had the best coffee education in the past, and I thought I was not an African coffee fan. However, my first sip of Ethiopian Harrar was a wow moment, and I'm starting to rethink the whole African bean phobia. I just did not like the level acidity but I see there are so many other types of beans and maybe I just tried ones that were very pronounced for the region. Not all African beans are overwhelmingly acidic I'm starting to learn. It may have to do with wet verses dry processing, and I think I'll do some research on that today.

On the knitting front, I'm nearly done with a cashmere scarf for commission work. It'll be nice to get that over with. Also have some finishing I've been putting off far too long that I'm hoping to get over and done with soon. My next project I think will be the Flower Basket shawl, the smallest version from the Fall 2004 Interweave Knits. A co-worker and I will start it this week and I picked up yarn at the store's sale yesterday. I've already started the same shawl on a thicker weight yarn, but I just don't like lace in a dk weight yarn or heavier. Especially for a shawl, it just seems bulkier than it should be. This attempt will be Koigu.. mmm.. Koigu.

I'm hoping at some point to get the husband up to my computer so I can fix my Dreamweaver issue and get pictures up on this blog.

No comments: