Thursday, September 28, 2006

Socks that Rock

As promised from yesterday's post here are some pictures of the Socks that Rock group order that Madge so graciously organized. Here is Madge with the booty:


And here are Marie and Annette with their purchases:


That was a candid shot, but I thought it was cute. There's another picture, but I will not subject Annette and Joan to an unflattering photo! I got a skein of lightweight Seal Rock and here is what it looks like:



There is actually a little more of the bright yellow showing on the other side of the skein. The colors are a little out of my normal comfort zone, but I really liked the colors.

It wasn't the only sock stash enhancement I did this week. When I arrived into work on Tuesday I noticed that the sock yarn had been restocked. I had heard a lot about the new bamboo regia, so I had to pick up 2 balls to try it. I also had an extra skein of koigu from my flower basket shawl and decided to trade it in for another color. I see socks being cast-on soon!

5 comments:

Annette said...

Thanks for sparing me the unflattering photo! I love the color of your Socks that Rock yarn. I like the Regia and Koigu too.

mary said...

A picture of Madge's booty???? Whaaaaaaa???!!! ;)

mehitabel said...

Hmmm... you spare Joan and Annette but not me?? (grin) Actually I am delighted with my new yarn and plan to have it join its "sister skein" (which I won! Woo hoo!) to make a shawl. Now to swatch and see how the color runs will work out...

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing everybody's yarn purchases. Those yarns you have are going to make some beautiful socks. I really should learn how.

Madge said...

Sure was fun doing the STR order with you and the rest of the gang. Your colorway is gonna make some pretty socks for sure.

And you'll have to let us know how you like that Bamboo Regia, too, okay?