Saturday, September 30, 2006

Tag

Annette started this line of posting that she got off of Grumperina's blog, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon like everybody else in my SnB group. Although, I will admit I had to look up the word meme and got thoroughly confused for a little while.

10 Knitterly things you didn't know about me - a meme:

1. I really dislike stockinette in the round. Out of 3 or 4 in the round projects, I barely finished one because I would get so bored just knitting. I also have not finished the one garter stitch sweater I started for the same reason.
2. I do like the look and simplicity of simple stockinette sweaters and when I've made them I normally knit them flat and then seam it. For some reason the switching from knit rows to purl rows is very relaxing for me.
3. I probably have more TOADs than UFOs in the various bins of yarn around the house. However, I don't have the heart to rip them out even though I know I won't finish the items.
4. My sisters are truly my best friends and being able to share knitting with them makes our bond that much closer.
5. The first sweater I knit for myself was way too thick and warm to wear in Los Angeles, so my twin sister has it. She wore it instead of a winter coat when she lived in Ithaca, NY.
6. The first sweater my twin sister made is the same color as the first one I made. However hers was too small for her and I have it.
7. Like many people I hate weaving in ends. In fact, my grey cabled vest the ends are still not woven in and I finished it years ago. When I wear it I just make sure no ends are sticking out.
8. I don't like wearing long sleeve cotton sweaters because they just feel heavy. I think I'm a wool/alpaca girl at heart. However, I do have quite a bit of cotton and cotton blends in my stash. I keep on picking up quantities to make short sleeve cardigans but it gets ignored for softer woolier yarns in the stash.
9. I have a ton of sock yarn but only wear my socks when we go camping once or twice a year.
10. I am a terrible perfectionist about my knitting and can not stand to have mistakes. So I do a lot of ripping.

2 comments:

Annette said...

I get bored doing garter stitch too. I have to work on it a little bit at a time and have other, more interesting projects to turn to.

Madge said...

I didn't know you hated weaving in ends. LOL you really wear your vest with the ends still loose? This makes me smile.